I bring a cross-disciplinary background of user research, edtech, education and management to my work as executive leader, researcher and consultant. I am equally comfortable defining and executing commercial products, research projects, and educational initiatives. My domain knowledge includes online and in-person learning communities, computer supported collaborative learning, educational technology, education strategy, design thinking, online and hybrid learning, learning spaces, human computer interaction, and the learning sciences.
Though I am open to other arrangements, I typically collaborate with other individuals and teams in two ways: through funded co-developed projects and on existing projects as a consultant.
My consulting work focuses on technology-driven education tools and programs. I help organizations to design and develop technological tools and programs for learning. I often playing the role of a ‘critical friend’ to teams who are in moments of definition and change. My services include
- product and program definition
- curriculum development
- makerspace design
- instructional design
- user experience research
- grant writing
- white paper and article writing
Recent consulting projects include
- a large international corporate client for which I supported the development of a 5-year strategic plan for bringing new technology into their education products and services
- a large international corporate client adapting an Asian computer science program for the US
- a museum for which I generated a white paper on the potential purpose and conceptual design of a new makerspace center
- a nonprofit client for whom I developed strategy, research agenda and programs for a STEM school
Let me know how I can help you.
- Bay Area Discovery Museum
- Benesse Corporation
- Public Lab
- The Krause Center for Innovation at Foothill College
- Old Salem Museum and Gardens
- Computer History Museum
- Silicon Valley Education Foundation
- Southern Center for Contemporary Art
Project collaborations usually revolve around my research interests and background. Recently I’ve been interested in projects involving computational thinking, participatory art installations, data literacy and makerspaces.
If you have a project to work on together, please reach out.